Sunday, January 6, 2013

2013 - Slow Down

The last time I posted was in November.  Now here we are almost half way through January 2013 and I don't know where the time has gone.  The past month was full of Christmas decorating, shopping, wrapping, Andrew, going to Mississippi, cooking, cleaning, cooking, cleaning, driving and being exhausted.  I love Christmas but I must admit I'm glad all the deadlines and stress are over.  That's not what Christmas is supposed to be.

Every morning I read the day's story in The Guidepost which is a Christmas gift from my parents every year.  I love that book.  When I'm finished reading for the day, I've gotten into the habit of reading the scripture at the top of the next day's reading.  I don't know why I started doing it, but I did and as usual, when I finished the one for December 31st, I turned the page only to find it was blank.  At first I panicked, then realized why the page was void of print.  I'd reached the end of the book and the end of 2012.  Reality slapped me in the face.

2013 was a few hours away.   I removed the 2012 Guidepost from the table and replaced it with Guidepost 2013.   I have a year with no blank pages in that book.  And when I pray each night and ask God to forgive me for falling short in so many ways,  I'm so thankful that He gives me a new "page" that's blank.  It's something money can't buy, something no one can take away from me and I determine what He writes on my page the next day.   

As I read my Guidepost each day this year, I want to remember that each day presents a clean slate and its up to me what's written.  

Happy New Year and I pray God's blessings for all.


3 comments:

Gayle said...

Love this, my friend. Love you, too.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I've missed you in blogland. :)

Loved this post. A new start every day.

Anonymous said...

Love this... Missing you! Ruth