Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I Won Something!!!

I never win anything.  I can enter for drawings, door prizes (in years past), contests - you name it.  I never won...until now!  My DIL has not only gotten me couponing, she's gotten me into entering  give-a-ways.  Yeah, me.  And what do you know!  I woke up this morning to an email that informed me I had won a $50 Walmart gift card from a facebook page I liked that had a give-a-way.  I was thrilled!  Who knows, I may win the lottery tonight!

I really haven't been busy today.  I did get up and bake a cake so Jon and Brenda could have some.  I tweaked the Pineapple Cake recipe by adding 2 eggs and a cup of pineapple juice to the cake mix.  It definitely made a difference and that's the way I'll be making that cake from now on.  Around noon, I drove hubby to Hendersonville which  is about an hour away.  He had a meeting there so I went to Target to kill some time rather than sit in the SUV.  I did do two loads of laundry after I got home.  Other than that, I've done nothing.  Brenda colored my hair for me before they left and since then, I've been fighting sleep.  I'm staying awake just in case I have the winning lottery ticket! HA

My grandson comes over tomorrow night for the weekend, so tomorrow I will get my house straightened up, run to Sams to purchase meats, pay some bills, etc and by then he will be here.  If I'm really smart with my time, I may squeeze in a nap before he arrives.  Nana needs to get extra rest in order to keep up with Andrew!

That's all from here.  Till next time...

Be safe~!

No comments: